Please read the following information carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal information and how we will treat it.
Your right to privacy is important to us. We take the security of your personal information seriously and we have strict policies and processes in place to ensure it remains safe.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following information about you:
Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site or by corresponding with us by telephone, e-mail or otherwise howsoever. This includes information you provide when you use our site, make enquiries about or send us your CV in relation to careers or apprenticeships we are advertising on our site, make enquiries about training courses we are offering, make enquiries about us and/or any other of the services we provide and/or when you contact us to report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your title, first and last names, address, country of residence, e-mail address and contact telephone number, date of birth, details relating to why you are corresponding/contacting us, for example the enquiry you are making about us and/or our services. Depending on whether or not you decide to pay invoices we have issued to you in respect of services we have provided to you, you may also give us financial and credit card information.
Information we collect about you.
Records of our contact with you, which may include notes on our systems, emails or electronic communications and written correspondence and any telephone number used by you to call our customer service phone number;
With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type (e.g. Safari or Internet Explorer) and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products, pages and items you viewed, searched for or purchased; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
Information we receive from other sources. We work closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, technical and payment services providers, advertising networks, analytics providers and search information providers) to ensure that our site and the information and/or services we provide to you work effectively and we may receive information about you from them. This will include information that we receive from:
- Optix Solutions Limited (company number 03809918) (or any replacement third party digital marketing provider we use in the future) who will provide us with access to any information submitted through (i.e. career applications, enquiries) this site for the purposes of the intended business; and
- Sage Pay Europe Limited (company number 07492608) who will provide us with information (i.e. payment reference numbers, amounts paid and payer name) so that we can monitor and administer payments we receive via our website from you.
INFORMATION THIRD PARTIES MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
Paying invoices via our site. If you use our site to pay invoices via the online payment service on our site, then credit/debit card transactions on our site are processed using SagePay, a secure online payment gateway operated by Sage Pay Europe Limited that encrypts your card details and cannot be accessed by us. Click here to read more about SagePay's use and processing of your data.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- to permit you to pay (i.e. via our site) invoices that we have issued to you and to allow us/our third party payment services provider to process that payment and to confirm receipt of payment from you;
- to permit you to submit applications to us for careers/apprenticeships that we are advertising via our site and to allow us to process, consider and update you on the progress of such applications and/or to contact you about such applications and/or (at out discretion) the possibility of engaging you as an employee or apprentice of South West Highways Limited;
- to provide you with information about training courses we are advertising via our site, to permit you to submit applications to attend/participate in such training courses;
- to notify you about changes to our site and/or changes to the services advertised on our site and/or changes to the terms and conditions and/or policies shown on our site; and/or
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer/device.
Other information we collect about you when you contact us and automatically. We will use this information:
- for the purposes of carrying out your requests (for example, to address matters relating to our site and/or the services provided via our site) which you make known to us in electronic communications, written correspondence and/or during telephone calls you make to our customer service number and for the purposes of keeping records of the aforementioned electronic communications, written correspondence and/or telephone calls;
- to carry out analysis (i.e. on a anonymous basis) of the behaviour of users of our site, so that we can understand the effectiveness of the services provided via our website and the effectiveness of our advertising and promotional activities. We will use this analysis to help us optimise our website and our advertising and promotional activities for the future;
- to administer our site and for internal operations. Such internal operations will involve troubleshooting of technical issues that arise in relation to our site; testing of our site following resolution of such technical issues; analysis of statistics arising from the information collected about you (for example, using information gathered by cookies on our site to ascertain whether presenting information in different ways on our site affects the way users of our site navigate its pages) and will only involve the use and/or processing of information in an anonymous form to measure and understand the effectiveness of the services provided via our site (for example, we may collate and analyse aggregate information about the number of people who access our site and go on to submit applications for training courses via our site);
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device; and/or
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure.
Information we receive from other sources. For information on how we will use information we receive from other sources, please see the explanation above at "Information third parties may collect from you".
WHO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH
We may disclose your personal information to selected third parties:
- Optix Solutions Limited (03809918)("Optix") who provide us with a secure online data hosting/storage service. All the information you submit via the forms on our site (including the types of information listed at "Information we collect from you" above) will be transmitted to and stored within Optix' secure servers at 6 Braham Street, London, E1 8EE. This is so that we can keep safe and secure the data you provide to us and so that we can access the information you give to us from time to time when necessary in order provide you with the services available via our site (see above under "How we use your information");
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if South West Highways Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its website users and customer will be one of the transferred assets;
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation;
- If any third party claims that any content posted or uploaded by you to our site constitutes a violation of their legal rights, including (but not limited to) their intellectual property rights or of their right to privacy, we may disclose your identity to that third party and/or to professional advisors instructed by them in relation to those claims; and/or
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our site or to us in any other electronic manner (e.g. via email); any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to access the personal information we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. This is called a Subject Access Request. Should you wish to make a Subject Access Request, please make your Subject Access Request to us in writing. Please be advised that a fee of £10 (payable to South West Highways Limited) is applicable per request. This fee is to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
If you have any questions about the way in which we collect or process your information, please contact us. Similarly, if the information we hold about you is incorrect or out of date, please let us know and we will investigate further to correct any inaccuracies. You can also find out more about your rights under the Data Protection Act 1998 by visiting the Information Commissioner's Office website at www.ico.org.uk or by writing to: Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, SK9 5AF.
Thank you for visiting our site.